Friday, April 20, 2012

kaleidoscope fun!


Flowers are fun and easy to make into kaleidoscope patterns - the contrast between the darker emerald greens and the lighter pink/yellow tones makes this double kaleidoscope interesting and aesthetically pleasing. Fun fact: I took the original picture at a graveyard in Edinburgh, Scotland.


 I go through phases where I use my body as a canvas. whether it's drawing on my legs with Sharpie or painting rainbows on my hand...it just happens. On one just day, I was feeling particularly inspired and used my hand as photographic inspiration. I never did much with the photo except keep it around for nostalgic purposes, but it does make a fun kaleidoscope!


This one is the most monochromatic as far as color goes, but the fun spikey patterns make it far from boring. This picture was also taken in Scotland - I'm not sure what kind of plant it is. I cropped a pretty small portion of the image to make the patterns stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment