Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wanted: Band Needed To Go With Album Cover


If you happen to belong to group of people hoping to form a chill new folk band and are in need of a swanky CD cover to stir their inspiration (or if by some phenomenon you're a young aspiring folk singer/songwriter named Daisy Days who hasn't quite put together an album yet), then you found the right blog! To make my CD cover, I compiled a set of pictures taken over the years - most in Scotland, actually. I worked with each layer, changing the saturation and opacity to blend them into one surrealistic image. I selected the Home Street sign and moved it onto the back cover image; I had to shrink the size of the entire image first because the sign was a tad bigger than I liked. I had fun with the text, adding drop shadows and strokes to make it easier to see. I was shown a nice little trick for the spine text - I simply rotated the image 90 degrees clockwise so it would type on a horizontal path, then rotated the image back! Overall,I think that the lightened opacity of the images impacted my CD cover the most, giving it a nice, summery feel.








No comments:

Post a Comment