Friday, April 6, 2012

Nonrepresentational Art Creation

I love abstract art (if you haven't figured that out already). Nonrepresentational pieces are perfect for me, since I have the innate inability to create something that looks like anything in the real world. I wanted this piece to be more of a mis-representation than a representation - the yellow/orange COULD be a sun, the blue/gray COULD be sky and clouds, the green COULD be flowers and grass, etc. Though the piece hints at a picture of reality, the filters and blending options I used in Photoshop allowed me to make an extremely jagged, fragmented picture. As a poet, I often find my work incomplete without some jangled word concoction. So while the poem wasn't necessarily part of the assignment...I couldn't help myself. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment