Friday, March 30, 2012

next year's halloween postcard

 While the blue-green background is less than terrifying, the story behind the haiku is (more or less) true. To retell the tale of last Halloween, I combined a picture of my bloody handprint on my friend's bathroom wall with an image of me and my boyfriend's zombie transformation (sorry if the grammar's off...in my sleep deprivated state I just can't make that phrase sound right).  I moved our cheery faces behind the handprint layer, set the opacity to about 70, and erased the top layer so our image would come through. I then captioned my portrait with one of my famous haikus, a skill I mastered during slow days at work. Even though the blood is admittedly fake and our zombie transformation purely artistic, we left an impression that night (of my hand, anyway) that still stands today.

No comments:

Post a Comment